To approach my teacher, to start hearing from her, I had to lower myself. I had to put aside the notion that we are peers or colleagues. I had to view her as the teacher and me as the student. And then conversations started to come forth and actual learning. There is really a big gulf between us. I have one of the best teachers with the most to teach, but then I have so much further to climb and learn. I have a lot of brain activity right now. My mind is trying to cope with my environment and make sense of things. It's a sign of actual learning, but it's uncomfortable.
I coasted through Practicum 1 with straight 3's. I had some problems, but they were resolved by my personality and not from me learning anything. My teacher now is the REAL DEAL.
I am not someone who likes challenge, but now I do have a challenge and I stand to gain so much from her.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment