Thursday, June 3, 2010

Math Vocab II and ASW2

Talking to my teacher during her prep today, she confirmed that I should study the math vocabulary from the [Envisions] book to learn it after I confessed that I would not have known what a number fact family is. The students are on fractions now. Most of them seem to be getting what fractions are.

For my ASW2 I am focusing on these two standards: (3)1.12 model and explain multiplication and division as repeated addition or subtraction [NS/PS 1.3.4] and (3)1.14 Immediately recall multiplication facts (products to 81).

In other news, my wife is now on summer vacation with 9-month schools ending yesterday. I also brought a glass jar with a lid to campus to try to capture some fire ants I saw. In one of the greatest disappointments of my life, when I got an ant farm last year for Christmas and ordered the ants... they showed up dead. So I have been biding my time ready to pounce on an unsuspecting ant colony. I think they are in hiding today because it is so hot out.

No comments:

Post a Comment